Monday, April 20, 2015

Slowing Down and Gearing Up

     So I'm gonna start to mix things up a bit now, because, unfortunately, this year is coming to a close which also means that sadly 20 time is coming to a close. Not only is this sad, but it is kind of stressful for me to think about, mainly because I'm going to have to start wrapping things up and I'm going to have to start writing my speech, and focusing less on my book. This also means that now I'm going to get even less done with my actually project due to the fact that I'll probably be too busy stressing over this speech. I really have been kinda worrying about this speech, but luckily I have actually started being a bit proactive about it, instead of my normal putting it off and freaking last minute. I quickly decided that I would not be interested in doing a Ted Talk, mainly because that sounds terrifying, and I have enough problems with presenting to a group of 4 people, but also because I couldn't quite grasp anything huge and untouched to talk about. I mean, I do think that I figured out a good topic for my "What I learned" speech in class, but I just don't know that it is so groundbreaking that the whole world should hear it. So, with the Ted Talk out of the way, I realized that what I would talk about as what I learned was of the importance of taking time away from life to just relax, let your thoughts flow, and be creative. My life can be really stressful and nerve wracking sometimes, but having this project as a safety net, something that I could turn to when I was overworked, and needed to just let my brain be free, was an amazing thing! I think that a lot of kids don't ever take any time to just stop from their daily routines, and to just think and let your thoughts flow freely. Over the period of time that I was working on this project, I really do think that this was the largest lesson that I learned, and now I have really come to realize the importance of taking a break when I get too stressed, or when school gets too much for me to handle. Personally, I feel like everyone should have a creative outlet that they can just resort to in tough times, so that's what I'm going to talk about in my speech. I tend to struggle with speeches, so I decided I would sign up for the last possible speech slot, somewhat because I'm trying to avoid having to do it, but also because I think that I will benefit from seeing other people do their talks before me. I feel like seeing people present, will help because I can watch and pick up guidelines on how to present myself, and how to act comfortable while presenting.


      I think that's all I really have to talk about today, so mainly, to wrap all of this up, I am going to definitely start focusing more of my time on this speech instead of my project, and I just really hope that all goes well for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment