Sunday, November 9, 2014

First Post

   Today is the first day of my 20 Time project! I'm really excited to get started, I have always wanted to write a full book, and I think that this is the best opportunity that I have had to do this. My book is going to be somewhat action mixed with adventure, which is the genre that I personally love to read. Hopefully I will start actually writing soon, but so far I have wrote a storyboard, and developed my main characters personality, I also semi-wrote a rough draft of my first chapter, but I'm still editing that. My main goal for my book would be to just finish it, and create a typed product for myself, and I will admit, when I think about this goal it seems like it's going to be hard to reach, but that kind of intrigues me, and drives me even more to achieve it.

   I plan to begin creating my introduction and full of copy of the first chapter by this upcoming Friday, and I also hope to have the first chapter finished by maybe two Fridays from now. I think that the main problem that I may come across with the creating of the first chapter would be just getting stuck, since it is my first chapter, it might be hard to get my ideas down on the paper, and to let it all flow, but I do think that this will get easier as I go along, and get more comfortable with writing. My biggest fear so far about my project is of course failure, and of course this is to be expected, even though I know that failure is perfectly okay, I still fear that if I were to fail, I would be extremely disappointed with myself. Hopefully everything turns out okay with my posts on this blog, and my first couple of chapters, and I expect to greatly enjoy this project and can't wait to get started!

4 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    What a great idea! You are ambitious. The writing club at my school is currently participating in a Nanowrimo competition for the month of November, which is national writing month. It took me a week to get started on my story, and I am not sure that I could write a chapter in just over a week. I admire the goals you have set for yourself!

    Through Nanowrimo (http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/node) you can get inspriation and support from other wrriters. Perhaps you want to check it out! Best wishes on your project. Maybe you can hyperlink to part of your novel on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my blog! I really appreciate your support and help, I checked out that web address,it's really interesting, so I made an account and I really like it! Thanks again for your advice, and I hope you continue to read my posts!!

      Delete
  2. From I've seen so far you have nothing to worry about with writing your book. You have everything well organized and thought out. Don't worry. I'm anxiously waiting to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie, I read your posts as well, and I really like your idea. I hope you enjoy your project and I would love to read your poems once you're finished!

      Delete